Nov 18, 2007

ode(r) to my wife

"Hon, do you smell that?" says wife.

"Smell what?" replies husband.

"Well," wife explains, "I bought this sweater yesterday at Savers, and I really like it. I didn't have time to wash it, but I really wanted to wear it to church today. It's so soft and I just wanted to wear it. But I kept smelling something, and I realized that this great sweater is saturated with the previous owner's B.O. It reaks something fierce. That's not my stench."

"Hmmm," wonders husband, "I'd better smell it to make sure you're not just trying to cover your tracks." To this husband sniffs his wife's armpit. After gagging, he comes to realize that his wife is telling the truth. This sweater truly is rancid.

"I told you so!" exclaims wife. "It's horrible! I'm going to have to close my arms the whole morning!" True enough, wife indeed closes her arms for the entire morning worship service. Lucky for her, we were invited to go out to lunch with some people from church. Fortunately for wife, she has an idea. "I think I'm going to rub some of this Germ-ex hand sanitizer on the armpits of this rancid sweater to see if it might help with the smell."

"Excellent thinking, my dear," says husband supportingly. And sure enough, the alcohol in the Germ-Ex indeed neutralized the horrid stench, saving wife from having to eat her wonderful Golden Corral meal with her arms plastered close to her body.

Thank you, Germ-Ex. You're truly a lifesaver. Let this be a lesson to us all: If you're ever caught in a church service with a not-washed thrift store sweater, use some hand sanitizer to help with the smell, thus making sure people know you did indeed shower, it's just the sweater that stinks.

1 comment:

Dana Marie said...

haha, this is hilarious! -but I'm a little suprised she hasn't had you take this post down. clearly, she is cooler than I. Justin appreciated your comment, he thought the same thing. and he was laughing when they kept on bringing out old bachelor couples like they were pleading people keep watching because it really can work...