Jun 10, 2008

The View from Here

We've arrived at our new home and new season of life here in Washington. This move out here was much more eventful than expected, but all has turned out well. If you want to hear a detailed explanation, check out Sherry's post, she can describe it all much better than I.

Everything about where we're at is so much different than I've ever experienced. Everything. And I love it. This really is a time of growing up for us. Despite all the moving around we've done in the past few years, this is our first time being in a place where we don't know anyone and have some familiarity with the place. Olympia is really a beautiful city, so green and so many trees. Our back yard is surrounded by massive evergreens and everywhere you go there are new streets and developments I haven't noticed because of all the trees. I have always prided myself on being a Coloradoan, but now really do realize that there is beauty all around. We're very close to the Puget Sound, which is way different for me as well. A body of water that big with boats all over the place and a pier is nothing I've ever really seen besides in short visits. I'm just trying to take it all in, and enjoying every minute.

Church has been amazing. Everyone is so nice and overwhelmingly helpful and generous. We had the truck unloaded in 45 minutes, and I returned it a full day early. Amazing. There are some stellar guys that I've got to know already. I also went to the Sunday night high school gathering and it was great, too. The students are amazing and I'm so eager to get to know them better. I feel like God has some great things in store, and it's time for me to step out of all norms and comfort zones and experience Him and His Kingdom in ways I've never dreamed. This new life is truly new and I am so excited to see what happens, for the good and the bad.

There are moments when I find myself missing friends and family back home, but I think that's ok. There will always be that spot in my soul where I wish could see them like I did before. I was reading my sister Amanda's blog and would echo a lot of her comments about being obedient and faithful to God's call, even when it might be tough. I'm so excited about this new adventure and all it will entail. I know there will be times of loneliness, but I'm believing He wants us here and will use us for His Kingdom. I feel confident that the great people we've already met will become close friends, and am looking forward to each and every dinner and cup of coffee with new people. God's people are all around, it's great to experience new relationships, and to have my little bubble burst and world view expanded. I feel blessed as I write this, undeserving of God's grace and provision. This has been a week like few I've been through, with very high highs, and very low lows. Through this I have resolved to give Him the glory and praise for both the tears of joy and pain. God truly is good. I feel grateful to be His servant and child.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so excited for you guys. Especially for you Luke, for this chance to do "what you were made to do". It is good to know that you are, in so many ways, in the same boat as us! We love you guys!!

Janaque said...

SO proud of your obedience and willingness to enter into the Refiner's Fire. As much as we will miss you guys, we are so excited for your adventure!! I agree with Amanda... this is what you were made to do! Give everyone hugs!

Anna said...

I hope you continue to enjoy it as you already are.
Best wishes.