Nov 29, 2006

29. Nov. 06

sometimes i get embarrassed about things i write or tell people when i later think about how they might have perceived it. not that the most important thing is to please others and that it's not good to express feelings or thoughts honestly, but it changes how i view my own perspectives. this last week i've really thought it funny how perspective changes everything.

you should be thankful that you don't have to go to school and do work like i do in kindergarten. you don't understand how hard fractions are, you're only in 2nd grade. elementary school was so easy, just wait until you have to remember a locker combination and go to different classrooms like i do in middle school. so you thought middle school was easy... just wait until you experience high school, it's so much homework and stress. college is tough, i never remember having to write a 30 page paper in high school. the single life was cake, adjusting to marriage is stressful. oh man, having a baby changes everything. sure was easy only having one kid. remember the days when we only had two kids? i wish our kids were still babies, it was easy then. it's so stressful having kids in school. i don't want to send my kids to high school. how are we supposed to pay for our kids' college? i just lost my job. my car broke down. our house needs renovated... i guess it does't stop.

i speak all of this to myself because i'm the king of inward thinking and not realizing that everyone has their own junk to deal with, it's just different than mine. a lot of folks probably wish for my issues because theirs are so much harder.

am i way out there or just in a phase or something? someone help me out here...

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I think you have hit the nail on the head. We all think someone else has it easier. I love your introspections. I miss hearing your thoughts out loud, but reading them is good, too!

jls said...

This is going to be hard for you to believe, but I've been thinking a lot about that too. I was feeling glum about our kids being sick so much this winter and then a co-worker's son was diagnosed with a medical condition that he'll deal with for the rest of his life...and our colds and flu didn't seem so bad. I look back at earlier times in my life and remember them being so much better/easier, etc. but then remember that I struggled just as much them...don't know if I'll ever really learn. I have a hard time keeping a healthy perspective about hardship sometimes. There must be a fine line between acknowledging that you're struggling and remembering that others are as well. I don't know if I've found that line yet...I just know that I need to look for it... sigh...let me know if you trip over it.

beau carlson said...

I guess for me, I'm stuck in a lack of contentment. I sometimes find myself looking to the future as the perfect solution to everything going on right now. I always catch myself telling Suzie, it'll be better when you have a job and we have more money, so on and so forth. I guess that gives me hope, but sometimes it sets me up for failure, too. I think we can all get like that, and I don't think its all bad, but I know for myself that I have to be careful.

Rachel said...

hey there.. just wanted to say i really enjoy reading your thoughts. i definitely find this to be a issue as well. if we're always waiting for the next stage to come along (a better job, a better house etc.) surely we're not appreciating life the way it was meant to be enjoyed? and i do think it's easy to forget how good we all have it!