So my little moose turned three years old today at 1:29pm. That time will forever stick in my mind, our lives have never been the same since. I can't think of anything better that's ever happened to me than to be blessed with this little girl. She is truly amazing and I'm so proud to be her dad. She makes me laugh with the things she says and does. It's a miracle to watch her learn new things each day. Sometimes I'll tear up just by watching her sleep or eat or color or play with her brother. I can't explain it, but it's like in those times I feel like I've been given a gift I didn't deserve. This week I read a passage in a book called Searching for God Knows What and I came across this portion: I recently read and interview in which the Nobel Prize-winning novelist Toni Morrison was asked why she had become a great writer, what books she had read, what method she had used to structure her practice. She laughed and said, "Oh, no, that is not why I am a great writer. I am a great writer because when I was a little girl and walked into a room where my father was sitting, his eyes would light up. That is why I am a great writer. That is why. There isn't any other reason" Amazing. I hope I never forget that. I want my little girl to know that she lights up my heart. On her third birthday I just want my little girl to know that she is loved by her dad. I hope she knows that. I want her to know that as she grows up. I'm so glad to have had these last three years.
happy birthday to your little girl! I love reading the posts you and Sherry write about being parents and the stories yall tell about Brek and Sy - it only adds to my excitement for Baby Girl to finally come!
1 comment:
happy birthday to your little girl! I love reading the posts you and Sherry write about being parents and the stories yall tell about Brek and Sy - it only adds to my excitement for Baby Girl to finally come!
Post a Comment