Yesterday I went out to the back yard to do my job of ridding the grass of dog crap. This is a job that I neglect pretty well, so when I get out there it can take a few minutes. We have two dogs, one is a little bigger and the other medium sized. No matter their size, they can poo like champs. So when I only get out there every week or so it really adds up. My preferred method of cleanup is to take one of those cardboard 12 packs of Cherry Pepsi, cut out the top, and scoop it all in with a small garden shovel. As I was walking back and forth in the yard looking for piles, it struck me how much of my life now deals with the waste of my kids and dogs. Silas' diapers are changed every few minutes, or at least it seems that way, and Brek is still doing her job as well as ever. So I figure I'm getting pretty good at it. It's not even that gross anymore. Well, sometimes, but there's nothing you can do about it. So when are you supposed to start potty training, anyway? I'm game.
I guess it makes me apprecaite plumbing. It also makes me miss working at camp because you could just take care of business at the convenience of the nearest tree or bush.
2 comments:
I'm sure between two dogs and two kids, there's plenty of POOP to go around. I'll just have you know, though: I ain't changin' no stinkin' daipers. That's nasty. That's why I got me a wife.
(Yeah Right)
you know you're totally right. if you could pass that information along to sherry i'd appreciate it. i've changed my last diaper. no more of this stuff for me.
Post a Comment