Oct 12, 2006

Night Shifting

So the night shift guy here called about an hour before he was supposted to come in and is sick so i'm taking this opportunity to do my first night shift. I've been here since 1 in the afternoon and will be here until 6am. It's no big deal though, I figure I'll be taking a few days off when the baby comes so this is a good way to help some other guys out because they'll be covering my back soon enough. Everyone is in bed so hopefully it will be a quiet night. Knock on wood. Every now and again someone will come out to go to the bathroom or something, but other than that it's just going to be checking the rooms every half hour, reading, or watching TV until morning. Not too bad.

Sherry is due pretty much any time, which is the only bad thing running though my head. I don't really want to have the experience of sprinting out of here in the middle of the night, but if so it'll be alright. We're pretty ready, or I should say she is pretty ready for the boy to come. I'm getting anxious for the experience of watching him come into the world. I have the easy part, Sherry's probably not as eager for that phase of the process to come about. So I guess I'll just settle in for the evening. Jay Leno and Conan will be my companions, followed by a movie from the house library perhaps.

No comments: