Oct 4, 2006

Confession

This is a public confession and apology to the little girl who now doesn't have a cat anymore. Driving home tonight a cat looking much like this one dashed out in front of our car and I 100% crushed it. There was no chance of avoiding the confrontation, I didn't even see the thing until it was right by my left front tire & headlight. So for what it's worth, I'm sorry.

But this thing was HUGE!!!! It seriously shook the car! It all happened so fast, it was crazy. I've never liked cats really that much, in fact I'm deathly alergic to them, so I don't really feel that bad. I'm not out to kill cats, but there was no avoiding it tonight.

Man, that cat was big. If it had nine lives, it used up every one of them with it's collision with a subaru. May God and St. Francis have mercy on my soul.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

God bless Muffy the cat.

Our Family said...

Lucas...I can feel the regret in your words.....I'm sure "Tommy" would have agreed that this was a tongue in cheek apology!!!
Now I'm certain that you were up to no good so many years ago...poor 'lil kitty!
;)

lucas d said...

I'm a changed man, Jacque. I can't believe you would doubt my sincerity. Can't we all just forgive, here?

Our Family said...

Ok Luke--you're right! Let by cats be bye cats! All is forgiven! :)

Seriously now---how's the family? Sherry should be gettin' pretty close now right? I talked to your mom and they are so excited to get to be in Nampa around the time of the birth of this newest little one!!! It would be so neat if they were actually there on THE day wouldn't it?
I better get to work (actually I'm AT work, so I better START working!!)
Have a happy day! Give hugs to Sherry and Brek from all of us!

Lots of love--Jacque and fam.

lucas d said...

Tommy's in heaven? What happened to him? I'm so sorry, Aaron. I should have been there for you. :)