Sometimes I wonder about throwing up and all its intricate details. Why are some people pukers and some aren't? I come from a good puking family. When we're sick, we puke, and we puke a lot. My sister is perhaps the best, because she's had two kids and with that came a lot more experience around the porcelain. Why is it that other people don't puke so much? I always just thought it was a natural part of life. But as I've learned there's a lot of folks out there who are deathly afraid to throw up and will avoid it at all costs. My wife is one of these people. In the 6 years we've known each other she has thrown up one time. She claims that has been the only time since she was very young that she has thrown up. After we were married the first time I got sick I asked her to get me a puke bucket for next to the bed and she thought I was kidding. "Puke bucket? What's that?" is what she said. A good puke bucket was standard issue being sick gear around my house.
Why though? What's to fear? I always feel so much better afterwards, it gives you a good half hour window of feeling really nice before the flu or whatever sets back in. Puking isn't the problem, puking is the answer for your body trying to get rid of the problem, isn't it? My daughter is one year old and already a puker. She's just like me, she throws up and then is super pleasant afterwards. I really don't like it when she pukes or is sick, but she has already shown herself to be from my side of the family with this issue for sure. I can remember at camp a few years ago the theme was "Fear Factor" and the teens had to do some crazy stuff. One game involved eating some stuff that I personally would not even touch and didn't really comfortable about my students ingesting. One of my senior high guys ate it all down, impressing all the chicks and winning the game. Shortly afterwards I went out in the woods with him and made him throw it all up because I thought he'd get sick. He wasn't a puker so really struggled with it. I could have thrown up for him just by watching. Gross.
Random entry, yes. Thought provoking, for sure.
1 comment:
I feel your pain! uuuuggghhh!
Post a Comment