Jan 28, 2007

a bit of news

one of my best friends recently was hired as the program director at a camp that we've both worked at in the past called golden bell in divide, co. over the past few weeks we've been talking and i'm grateful for the opportunity to go back to camp and work under him. he's going to do a stellar job leading the summer staff and camps, and i'll be working as the guy who sort of heads up the adventure programming sorts of things revolving around ropes, hiking and what not. my wife and i are so pumped to get going back to colorado to be part of something we believe in and work with some great friends. the dream is to develope over the next few summers a wilderness program that could be all summer long. as of now there are only two adventure camps planned each summer. hopefully we can build that up. i'm excited to have the chance to preach every now and again and to work with the summer staff that will be there.

i'm eager to get started...

9 comments:

Our Family said...

We are SO excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man. Since I worked there once too....I am screaming inside with jealousy. Luke that is going to be great. I miss Golden Bell. I just loved it there. Will you two be moving then to Colorado? Or just residing there for the summer?

Kristen said...

I am so excited that you guys are coming back. Even if it's still a couple of hours away, it's a lot closer. Can't wait to meet Silas and see Brek again!! What an awesome opportunity for you guys!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like lots of outdoors fun. I'm excited for you guys!

Dawn said...

We are SO excited for you! It will be so great to have you closer again.

lucas d said...

beth- it's a year round deal so we're moving there. i had forgotten you worked there, that's awesome.

Kara said...

Can't wait to see you guys. Jesse's pretty pumped that you are comming back. Maybe he'll have to come up and hang out with you guys some time during those two weeks when he'll be all alone.

Sema said...

Congrats for the new job opportunity and the chance to move back to where your heart is. Can't wait to meet little Sy, though by the time we get to see him he wont be so little any more :)
liking the new look!

KarenK said...

Luke! I am so happy for you and Sherry and the kids!!