Aug 28, 2006

Where He Showed Up Today

My truck has been overheating and losing coolant/antifreeze quite a bit. It's to the point where I can't drive it anymore. It had been a come and go problem but really came to a head last night to where I called 2 of my friends and had to bail out on our plans to play disc golf today. I just told them I'd have to wait until next time because I needed to take my truck to the mechanic instead. I didn't think it would make it over to Boise.

Unexpectedly, my friend calls me and says he's coming over to look at the problem and see if we could avoid taking it to the shop. So he came over around 10 am and we popped the hood and dove in. I don't know anything about anything when it comes to cars, so I was basically an observer as he worked on my truck until 4:30 in the afternoon. My other friend came over and helped out as well. It has really dawned on me tonight how truly great these friends are. They saved my butt, in a big way. Not only is my truck feeling better, but I didn't even have to take it to a shop. I saw what servanthood and humility looked like today. It looked like a couple friends giving up their whole day to bury their heads under the hood of my beat up Nissan. I think that's what Jesus would have done, too.

No comments: